Outside of Kodable's structured lessons and levels, students have the opportunity to create their own mazes and fuzzes.
When students log into their profiles, their home screen will show options available for them to get started:
- Students can select "Blast Off!" and resume playing at their current level.
- To build their own or solve classmates' mazes, students will select the orange "Create" button.
- To change or design a new fuzz, students will select the green "Pick a Fuzz" button.
Why don't my students have access to either of these yet?
- Since students need to learn the coding concepts to create solvable mazes first, the Maze Maker unlocks after completing any 30 levels.
- If students start at the first Sequence lesson and complete the levels in order, they will be able to access Maze Maker after the first Conditions lesson.
- Additional commands (conditions, loops, functions) unlock gradually as students complete levels in each unit.
- After completing any 6 levels, students will be able to build their own fuzz.
- Additional properties to use in fuzz designs will be awarded throughout level completion in the game.