Locking and unlocking areas of the game is a fantastic way to differentiate learning for all students! This gives you the ability to control how your students are using Kodable.
Please note that managing areas of the game is a Premium Kodable feature. To learn more about this feature, request a quote.
Lock and Unlock Planets
The galaxy is the main place that students go to complete coding mazes. In this portion of the article, you will learn how to assign and un-assign planets to your students.
Go to My Classes and select View Class.
2. Click on Assignments. Entire planets can be un-assigned and re-assigned to students by checking the box. If I un-checked the box next to Smeeborg, that means my students will no longer have access to that planet.
3. Individual lessons can also be managed. To assign individual lessons, please click the green Edit Lesson Assignments.
4. Check the levels you want to assign or un-assign by clicking the green check. Be sure to hit save when finished.
Lock Other Buildings in Kodable
Learn how to lock Pets, Fuzz Builder, Maze Maker and Game Designer.
1. Go to My Classes then Assignments and Manage Fuzztopia. You will be able to lock the following creative areas of the game:
2. Select which areas you would like to lock and click Save.
Manage What Students Can Play at Home
If you do not want your students moving ahead while playing Kodable at home, you can Enforce Assignments at Home. If this is toggled on, the same areas of the game will be locked for students. If it is toggled off, students will have full access of the game.
Have any more questions about the Teacher Dashboard? Please check out the Teacher Dashboard article collection here.