In addition to Kodable's many structured lessons and levels, learners can build, test, solve, and share their own mazes with the Maze Maker game.
Where do learners go to build a custom Maze?
When learners log into their profiles, Maze Maker is located near the upper left corner of Fuzztopia.
How do my learners get started?
Since they need to learn the coding concepts to create solvable mazes first, the Maze Maker unlocks in Fuzztopia:
- School Profile: After learners have completed a few levels of any game and earned up to Rank 4. All of the creative areas of Kodable are now unlocked.
- Home Profile: After learners have completed the Sequence and Conditions levels, and gotten some practice using Loops, the key (a square gem) that unlocks the Maze Maker is placed on the level map for learners to see their upcoming reward. When learners complete this level of Loopy Lagoon, the key transports them back to Fuzztopia and automatically opens up Maze Maker.
Additional commands (conditions, loops, functions) unlock gradually as learners complete more levels in each unit.
How to get started?
Once learners unlock the Maze Maker, they can start expressing their creativity and coding knowledge. Using their cursor or finger, they can draw a maze, place decorations, add stars and customize other elements.
How do learners save mazes?
A few things are needed to save a maze:
- A start and end! The maze must go completely across the screen.
- Stars! The maze must include all 3 stars.
- Mazes must be solvable! Learners must test their maze and earn all three stars for the maze to be successfully saved.
How do learners share mazes?
When learners save their completed maze, it will be added to a collection for other learners to solve. There, learners can play, rate and remix other learners' mazes!
- School Profile: Tap on "Your Class" to solve other mazes built by the class.
- Home Profile: Tap on “Your Family” to solve other mazes built by the kids in your family