Outside of Kodable's structured lessons and levels, students can build, test, solve, and share their own mazes with the Maze Maker feature.
When will my students have access to the Maze Maker?
- Since students need to learn the coding concepts to create solvable mazes first, the Maze Maker unlocks after completing the first section of Conditions.
- Additional commands (conditions, loops, functions) unlock gradually as students complete levels in each unit..
Where is the Maze Maker?
When students log into their profiles, Maze Maker is located near the upper left corner of Fuzztopia.
How do my students get started?
Once students unlock the Maze Maker, they can start expressing their creativity and coding knowledge. Using their cursor or finger, they can draw a maze, place decorations and add stars.
How do students save mazes?
A few things are needed to save a maze:
- A start and end. Meaning the maze goes completely across the screen.
- Stars! Students need to include stars in the path of the maze.
- Mazes must be solvable! Students must test their maze and earn all three stars for the maze to be successfully saved.
How do students share mazes?
When a student saves their completed maze, it will be added to a class collection for students in the class to solve. Simply click on "Your Class" to test other mazes built by the class.
There, students can play, rate and remix other students' mazes!